Why is first base so under taught? Good question - that’s why Rijo Athletics will help prepare every player who plays this position to have a better understanding of the first base position after this mini camp.
Some of what will be covered:
• Footwork- What foot goes on the bag? Does it change depending where the ball is coming from?
• Stride- When and how to stride properly.
• Bunt reads and coverages
• Picks, short hops and long hops.
• When to block and when to pick?
• How to go get pop-up along fence.
• Proper footwork on ground ball.
• How to turn double-play
• Flips and coverages with pitcher.
...and much more during this one-of-a-kind first base camp!